What's new

MS Surface pro 4: Terrible Build quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
J

jonneymendoza

i might re order but this time from John Lewis.

i do miss my sp4 . i was away for the weekend and brought my hefty large macbook pro retina and was annoyed about the bulk and size of it.

am gutted lads. you think im some kind of anti MS bloke but really loved the device but just felt completely screwed over by MS.

They should have sent me a brand new one instead of fucking about with a replacement refurb.

And when i was requesting for a refund they at first said no because it was outside of the 30 day cooling off period? wtf this is a 2k device. A so called cooling off period should fucking last 2 years not 30 days....

They need better Customer support

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine runs like a champ - Zero issues, zero overheating - nadda - and this whole rumor of a "total recall" - Please - by all means- share a link.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes its the only device of its kind but its a sorry shit excuse to be spending this much only for the QC to be hit and miss.

granted when i got rid of mine i missed it and now stuck with a heavy large macbook pro 15inch. But until MS get their QC ACT TOGETHER i wont budge.

I was soo angry at them for this because it was such a great product

Its a great machine and runs like a champ. I would knock this over to end user issues, not Microsoft.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
from redit/surface

There is a large thread about it somewhere how someone had one on order and his order got canceled due to a quiet recall on the i7 models only.

Also had a word with MS as well through customer service and said they are fixing some bugs/issues on the i7 models before they ship them again.

That is why its pretty much not in stock anymore

That highly reputable news outlet. Even Microsoft confirmed to you that there was not a recall. Holding off on restock does not equal a recall. If there was a recall, they would have to recall those already delivered to customers, not just units on the shelf. Nice FUD though. One would almost think you had an agenda.

Yes its the only device of its kind but its a sorry shit excuse to be spending this much only for the QC to be hit and miss.

granted when i got rid of mine i missed it and now stuck with a heavy large macbook pro 15inch. But until MS get their QC ACT TOGETHER i wont budge.

I was soo angry at them for this because it was such a great product

Then again, on the other hand, I've had one original Surface Pro, two SP3s (i5, 256GB; i7, 512GB), one SP4 (i5, 16GB,512GB) and they've all been rock solid. ;)

[knock wood]

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
when i was requesting for a refund they at first said no because it was outside of the 30 day cooling off period? wtf this is a 2k device. A so called cooling off period should fucking last 2 years not 30 days....

They need better Customer support

You think that because it cost 2k they should give you a 2 year return window? How about being even remotely rational?

Someone here went through 3 replacements here diddnt they?

I went through 10 exchanges. :(

I'm fairly persistent. I currently have an i7 that is working very well. No driver crashes or issues besides the power drain issue and some relatively minor backlight bleed. It's been a while since I transitioned from my SP3 (going through the exchange process) so it's good to be back. :)

FYI, all of the exchanges were due to tangible hardware issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.