What's new

MS TV Advertising

BooMaLiCiOuS

I hear you guys. Since I have received my Surface for Xmas, I have had dozens of people asking me about the product as they were unable to understand or get a feel for it from the advertising. I feel like all of us early adopters are the spokes persons for our respected regions which Microsoft is just showing the pretty slideshow behind us.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I hear you guys. Since I have received my Surface for Xmas, I have had dozens of people asking me about the product as they were unable to understand or get a feel for it from the advertising. I feel like all of us early adopters are the spokes persons for our respected regions which Microsoft is just showing the pretty slideshow behind us.

My dad didn't know I have a Surface but came over to watch football last weekend. After seeing the dancing/clicking Surface commercial he asked what is the Surface about. He said he saw the other commercial (Windows 8) but couldn't figure out that what they were doing except drawing lines and circles all over the pictures and he couldn't figure out why. I had to explain that it was a screen unlock instead of typing a password.

Of course it isn't clear at all that is what they are doing. In reality this is a very gimmicky item and while it may be "cool" is rather useless particularly when there are some other great Windows 8 features to highlight and show people that the thing is still a PC it just looks a little different. Really I don't care about the password screen it doesn't allow me to do anything except get to the OS which is really where I want to be.