What's new

MS wireless display adapter issues

BearFlag

I got the MS wireless display adapter for my SB. My TV is 1080p. When I use the adapter to display the contents on the TV or on both devices it works fine. However when I chose "extend on these displays" I encounter major issues.

The pointer remains on one display and has trouble going to the other display and the programs that opened on the main display cannot be moved to the secondary display. For example if I open Edge on the main display, I cannot move that window or open another Edge window in the other display. Essentially I cannot move from one display to the other.

Does anyone else use a MS wireless display adapter with their SB and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

ctballos

I have different issues with the MS Wireless Adapter. It seems to work fine whether in extend or duplicate modes my problem is the video stutters and freezes or is all broken up. I can usually fix it after several SB reboots but it is a problem and it is annoying.

CrippsCorner

@BearFlag I'm on Windows 7 atm so can't remember if it's exactly the same on Windows 10, but have you tried right clicking on the desktop and moving the two screens around to make sure where the link point of them are?

@ctballos I think this is just Miracast for you... I get break up to, and often terrible lip-sync. I tend not to try watching stuff that's too important on it o_O I take it both your Surface and adapter are on the same frequency network?