What's new

mSATA upgrade

OP
O

OnTheSurface

Correct, upgrading memory is not going to be possible. But with some finesse, patience and steady hands the hard drive will certainly be possible. I found out that the power consumption for the current drive and the new SSD I am considering are nearly identical under regular load.

I am a professional photographer, and in the past I have had an iPad for display of my work, and then had my images stored on my MacBook Pro and external backup. I have since sold my iPad 4, as well as moved the MacBook Pro to a day job only computer.

In other words, I need the space for the 50MB RAW files I shoot. With 256GB as the main drive, a 64GB SDXC card, and an external backup USB 3.0 drive I feel confident that these items will supplement nicely.

ArnoldC

<snip>In other words, I need the space for the 50MB RAW files I shoot. With 256GB as the main drive, a 64GB SDXC card, and an external backup USB 3.0 drive I feel confident that these items will supplement nicely.

Fellow Nikon shooter? ;)

I store all my NEF files to a 5TB system made up of Synology and Western Digital N900 Central.

OP
O

OnTheSurface

I have one Nikon left, I actually worked for Nikon USA for six years, but recently relocated back to Canada. Right now I shoot with a Sony A99, and I have a Sony NEX-6 which I use all of my vintage Nikon AI-S and E-Series lenses on with an adapter.

What are you shooting with, Arnold?

OP
O

OnTheSurface

D800 is a great camera, as is the little J1. I have been super impressed with that little 1" sensor, when shooting under ISO800 especially.

ArnoldC

Thank you, I'm happy with both of them.

I'm looking forward to the macro shots! I used my AF-S 105mm f/2.8 macro lens when assembling stuff, i.e. DAC, headphone amp, that uses SMT :D