What's new

Multi monitor issue

Drmnez

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using a BELKIN F2CD060 MINI DISPLAYPORT TO 2X DVI - F (dvi hub) in the minidisplay port in the dock to two monitors? Each port work with just the surface and self, but when I plug both dvi cables the screens flicker and it work stop until I unplug one of the cables or the adapter from the mdp, or remove the surface from the dock.

I have all the updates including the ones from updating on the dock.

The issue has blue screened my surface twice. I have been trying to figure out why I can't get it to work.... Any suggestions???

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you check Belkin's site for driver updates? Does this device (likely) have firmware that needs updating?

OP
D

Drmnez

So, as I was heading to the belkin site I remember that the product doesn't use software or need drivers.

I'll try running a windows update with just the F2CD060 in and see if windows detects anything for it.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

OP
D

Drmnez

Before I forget this is the message I saw when it crashed

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I do not remember if there was a code or not.

Czaruno

I am using a Surface Pro 2 with a Microsoft Docking Station and the Belkin F2CD060 DisplayPort to Dual DVI adapter. I also have a Plugable USB 3.0 to DVI adapter for a total of three monitors.

I can get the setup to work most of the time but it randomly will shut off two or all of the monitors.

I was initially suspecting the Plugable but I was able to remove it from the equation and the issue continued. I then upgraded to Windows 10 in hopes that a different driver would maybe solve the issue and it continued.

I contacted Belkin and they are going to RMA my device, let's see if this issue continues with the replacement.

From what I have been told, the device is a physical splitter and does not need any drivers and the firmware is not upgradable.

Hope that helps someone - it was the only DisplayPort to dial DVI adapter I could find so it would be great if it works.