What's new

Multiple Issues with Surface Book

AGG

Hello. I seem to be having quite a bit of issues w the new Surface Book ever since I got it on release. Here are the issues I have been having... (For reference I purchased the i7/16 GB of RAM/ 512 GB SSD version). I have researched these problems online and I have found similar concerns expressed but little to no solutions.

1. I have an issue where the Surface Book "locks up" and becomes unresponsive for quite some time. Some times it comes back after a minute or so, and others it leads to a total system crash.

2. The surface book stays warm and runs even though I put the unit to sleep.

3. The keyboard on the dock portion of the unit freezes sometimes and doesn't allow me to type anything on it until it becomes responsive. This varies in the amount of time it takes to become responsive again.

Is there anybody who has solutions for these problems? Even if they are a little unorthodox? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Aegeas

If I were you I would sign up for the fast ring under Windows Update. I think it will resolve all of the issues you are seeing.

mcsenerd

I get freezes from time to time, but I've got so much going on all of the time, that I've not done deep investigation on what's causing it (but I have a nagging suspicion that it could be OneDrive synchronization...

I am on the latest fast ring build and I still get the "won't sleep when you shut the lid"-thing, so I do think that's still an active issue that has not been resolved.

I've never had the keyboard have any issue on any version that I've ran so far.

BearFlag

I get the BSOD every once in a while when I detach and re-attach the screen (have all the updates installed). It won't restart by itself, so I have to do a hard restart.

Does that happen to anyone else? Do you think it might be a hardware issue with my laptop? Some users over at Reddit say they went in and exchanged their SB because of it.

And now my SB will not allow me to open any Win 10 app including the store app. Got a strange network error out of nowhere and now update and apps will not open. This is so frustrating

leeshor

And now my SB will not allow me to open any Win 10 app including the store app. Got a strange network error out of nowhere and now update and apps will not open. This is so frustrating
Open an admin command prompt and type wsreset

Just got a file system error. Did not work. The problems appears to be a connection error. I can surf the web, use Outlook but the built in apps including windows update cannot connect

BearFlag

So do you guys get the BSOD every once in a while when you detach and re-attach the screen? Does it force you to do a hard restart, since it won't restart by itself?

I had a BSOD once when re-attaching the screen on my replacement SB. It happened the first time I did it, but since then I haven't had any issues, except for battery life. *Knock on wood*