What's new

Multiple new Surface tablets to be unveiled on May 20th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Surface-Press-02-623-80.jpg

Microsoft is widely expected to take the wraps off of a smaller “Surface mini” tablet during a press conference in New York City on May 20th. According to a new report, however, the Surface mini will be just one of several new tablet models that Microsoft plans to unveil at its event later this month.

Bloomberg on Wednesday reported that Microsoft will indeed debut a new smaller Surface tablet at its Surface event in two weeks. The report also notes that it will be powered by a Qualcomm processor this time around — Microsoft’s earlier Windows RT tablets were powered by Nvidia chipsets.

But the Surface mini apparently isn’t the only new tablet Microsoft plans to debut later this month.

According to Bloomberg, Microsoft will also unveil several other new Surface tablets on May 20th, including multiple tablets powered by Intel processors.

Continue Reading @: Surface Mini Details Emerge, Multiple Models Coming | BGR

quadtronix

I'm mostly interested in a Surface Mini at this point.... Had the original Surface RT and loved it but was a little too heavy and big for my use cases. A surface mini would be perfect for me.

macmee

If I were to guess I'd bet they're releasing another RT device and an Atom device as well, both 8 inches and incredibly cheap.