What's new

Multiple touch inputs

Buddy16

Dear reader,

My surface pro recognizes multiple touch inputs when I touch the screen with one finger.. So it thinks I am touching the screen with 10 fingers at once, when I am just touching it with one finger. It has developed this problem like a month a go. I have tried to reboot the device, update the device and calibrate the touchscreen. Nothing has worked. Has someone of you ever encountered this bug/problem? Do you guys think it's a hardware or software problem? I really don't want to send it to Microsoft customer support because I need it right now. Thanks!

cliffr39

Did you notice it after any certain updates? Could be a bad driver update that happened. As a last resort you could try the Windows Restore thing, after you ensure you are fully backed up.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would reset the Calibration and then walk away....calibrating is a hold over from Windows 7 code and I have found it causes more trouble with the newer Touch Technology....if that doesn't work do the reset as above.

Make sure you also have all of the Firmware Updates. If the problem persists I would call support.

OP
B

Buddy16

Did you notice it after any certain updates? Could be a bad driver update that happened. As a last resort you could try the Windows Restore thing, after you ensure you are fully backed up.
Thanks for your reply! No it developed this fault out of nothing. By ''Windows restore thing
you mean a factory reset? I could try that... thanks!

OP
B

Buddy16

I would reset the Calibration and then walk away....calibrating is a hold over from Windows 7 code and I have found it causes more trouble with the newer Touch Technology....if that doesn't work do the reset as above.

Make sure you also have all of the Firmware Updates. If the problem persists I would call support.

I will reset the calibration. I have contacted Microsoft support and they offer me a refurbished replacement device. What should I do?

OP
B

Buddy16

Have you reset the device as in Update and recovery - Factory Rest?

No I havn't. I am backing up my files right now. When that's done I will factory reset the device. If the situation remains the same I will agree on the refurbished device they're offering me. Thanks alot for your help, I appericiate it a lot. (Sorry for my bad english).

siers

No I havn't. I am backing up my files right now. When that's done I will factory reset the device. If the situation remains the same I will agree on the refurbished device they're offering me. Thanks alot for your help, I appericiate it a lot. (Sorry for my bad english).

How did you go with the Factory Reset? I think I'm experiencing the same issue with my Surface Pro (I've only recently noticed the touch inputs happening in multiple places, but have been having issues with using touch for a while and thought it was just me/my understanding of Windows touch inputs). I'm also running the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview (the TH1 version) and thought it might have been that.

OP
B

Buddy16

How did you go with the Factory Reset? I think I'm experiencing the same issue with my Surface Pro (I've only recently noticed the touch inputs happening in multiple places, but have been having issues with using touch for a while and thought it was just me/my understanding of Windows touch inputs). I'm also running the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview (the TH1 version) and thought it might have been that.

Sorry for my very late reaction... Perhaps you've already solved the problem.. The factory reset didn't work for me, so I contacted Microsoft and gues what... They gave me a Surface pro 3 plus type cover 3 and the Surface pro 3 pen!!! I'd do the same if I were you!

CrippsCorner

Wow! From original Surface Pro to Surface Pro 3? That's an amazing upgrade... wish mine would go wrong now lol.

OP
B

Buddy16

Wow! From original Surface Pro to Surface Pro 3? That's an amazing upgrade... wish mine would go wrong now lol.
Yeh I was in shock when the guy from customer support told me that they will send me a Surface Pro 3 as a replacement. haha.