What's new

Multitouch gestures on the typecover for sp3

kevins

Hey there,
I just recently bought this sp3 together with the type cover and after a few startingproblems with win 8 i am pretty happy with this device!

There´s just one thing which turns my insane.
Why is it not possible to swipe back and forward on the multitouchpad in the browser or the explorer?
I know the type cover is capable of recognizing the two fingers swiping left or right to go forward or backwards in the browser, cause it is doing it just fine with the metro ie, but not with any other browser!!!

Why? it drives me nuts!

Is there a way to download any kind of driver to enable this feature in my prefered browsers!

cheers Kevin

As far as I know, only metro IE can be used with two-finger swipe back and forth gestures. Desktop IE doesn't support that (I know it's crazy).

Chrome does support it also but I don't like to use it on Surface as Chrome drains a lot more battery compared to IE.

OP
K

kevins

but why is that, if it is possible in metro ie it must be possible everywhere else, too.

I am using chrome, but it is not working with mine...
You can swipe with one finger on the display though...

kundas1

^^ no offence but your post does not help the OP... the OP doesn't/shouldn't want to install win 10 to have swipe gestures to go back N forth in IE... so why even bother mentioning win 10?? I don't get it...

@OP, don't let such a small thing bother as you can use MUI IE for those swipe gestures or use the ALT+ left/right keys on the type cover which is super fast and easy to use when using desktop IE.. or use chrome like the others have suggested. ;)

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
At least Windows 10 proves that the Type Cover can handle gestures. So an opportunity exists for programmers to interface.

ptrkhh

Also consider TouchMe Gesture Studio.

I know, I know, its not exactly a trackpad gesture. Its a touchscreen gesture, so you need to move your fingers a little bit further. But you can achieve the same functionality regardless.

yonghong

Also consider TouchMe Gesture Studio.

I know, I know, its not exactly a trackpad gesture. Its a touchscreen gesture, so you need to move your fingers a little bit further. But you can achieve the same functionality regardless.

I bought this, just what OP want, I don't know win 10 has this or not ,never try win 10.