What's new

Must-have SB2 acessories?

Afy

I think the micro SD card adapter might be one.

Anyone know the ETA of a display port adapter from MS? Or does anyone have an alternative?

What else does one need?

I picked up my SB2 i7/16/512 13 in (only size in the yUK) from John Lewis. For £80 got a 3 year Warranty including accidental damage,

Updates runnnnnnnnning right now..

Seneleron

Base QI makes a microSD adapter that sits flush with the Surface book. As for displayport cables, YMMV across the pond, but I got a mini-displayport to displayport cable [CableMods] for something like $7.00 US. Just make sure it's certified 4k and you should be good to go.

Other than that, the new MS mouse [the rechargable one] is an awesome companion, and since I do a lot of travelling I also carry around a set of QC 35s [Bose noise cancelling headphones] Outside of that, a USB 3.0 hub w/ RJ45, a Samsung T3 or T5 external drive for overflow storage and/or additional program installation space [I could only get my hands on a 256, so this has been a LIFE SAVER]

Maybe eventually a D-brand skin to keep the chassis looking nice, but really there's not a LOT in the way of accessories that I wouldn't recommend for a traditional laptop/desktop [well, except the surface dial, but that's more of a gimick to scroll websites if you're not into the whole artist thing...

Last edited:
OP
A

Afy

Have ordered a usb c display adapter as well as the Base QI adapter.. waiting on delivery.

Will probably pick up some headphones along the way.. don't listen to a lot of music. Don't use a mouse, haven't felt the need for one.
Already have a 1 TB T2 and a T1.
I practically live out of a suitcase, and am running around Europe like a headless chicken so Netflix is an invaluable accessory as well. ;)

ctballos

Transend JetDrive Lite works great on the SB and SB2. It has 256 GB and fits flush to the body. I've been using a couple of the for backup and movies.

Attachments

• IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0260.JPG
    964.5 KB · Views: 585

Megoapesnut

Have ordered a usb c display adapter as well as the Base QI adapter.. waiting on delivery.

Will probably pick up some headphones along the way.. don't listen to a lot of music. Don't use a mouse, haven't felt the need for one.
Already have a 1 TB T2 and a T1.
I practically live out of a suitcase, and am running around Europe like a headless chicken so Netflix is an invaluable accessory as well. ;)

Which Base QI adapter did you order? They make them to fit all of the Macbooks. Not sure which one would be flush with the surface book. Maybe the Macbook 15" pro Retina?

OP
A

Afy

Depends on which SDXC card you buy. Personally I am using a 128 GB. Works for me.. mainly for backup.