What's new

Solved My brother changed login password of SP4

Stevesmith573

No. But you need someone to make you a bootable usb that can reset the password in the sam. Format a usb with fat32 and unzip the bmr image that you can download from ms.

You can then boot it via the alternate boot sequence to boot off usb by holding down vol down then pressing power for a second then releasing it (keep holding vol down until you see the surface logo then the little dots)

Then try. Performing an Advanced Windows 10 Password Reset from here How to Change or Reset a Windows 10 Password

You may also be able to get it to boot to the recovery menu on the ssd without the usb by hard powering it off when it boots up by holding down the power button for 30 seconds on boot. Do that twice and i think it will boot to the recovery menu. (I don't advocate this method)

Please check which the account is that you used to logon now at first.

If it is a local account, you could logon with another administrator account then reset it.
If you have no another administrator account in the system, you cannot sign in Windows to reset it.
If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online.

If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in, I am afraid that you'll need to reinstall Windows.

Giz Com

You can unlock the password with a third-party program, take Windows Password Key as an example, the program will help you create a password reset disk, so you can reset password on surface with password reset disk, it is very easy. No need to send it to support.

Benjanim Ronaldo

No. But you need someone to make you a bootable usb that can reset the password in the sam. Format a usb with fat32 and unzip the bmr image that you can download from ms.

You can then boot it via the alternate boot sequence to boot off usb by holding down vol down then pressing power for a second then releasing it (keep holding vol down until you see the surface logo then the little dots)

Then try. Performing an Advanced Windows 10 Password Reset from here How to Change or Reset a Windows 10 Password | NotebookReview.com

You may also be able to get it to boot to the recovery menu on the ssd without the usb by hard powering it off when it boots up by holding down the power button for 30 seconds on boot. Do that twice and i think it will boot to the recovery menu. (I don't advocate this method)

there are many ways to help you change or reset windows password:
you can try command promopt to reset or change password.
and use another admin account to login your computer and change the password in computer management.