What's new

My Experience with my (2) Dell s2340T touch screen monitors

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

OK so i decided to jump back into this problem and try a few more times to get the touch to work on the 2 monitors. I decided to try the Zodack hdmi, it works nicely but i hate the screen stretch to both monitors. The touch was off alot on the 2 monitors it was getting late so i did not calibrate to see if that corrected it or not. ( the screen stretch was annoying), this morning. i decided to unplug everything and start over. mini display from SP to mon1 than usb from SP to mon 2 than usb 3.0 mon 2 to usb upstream mon1, Still did not have touch in both monitors when trying to set both monitors as DT extend. But if i changed mon 2 to dup from the SP than i have touch in both monitors. It works but ideally i would like to have the SP screen off. I might give the Zodac a try again later and see if Calibration works but using a metro app on the stretch screen was horrible so the only way around this was to use modern mix app, but my experience with it last time was alot of bugs...

mitchellvii

OK so i decided to jump back into this problem and try a few more times to get the touch to work on the 2 monitors. I decided to try the Zodack hdmi, it works nicely but i hate the screen stretch to both monitors. The touch was off alot on the 2 monitors it was getting late so i did not calibrate to see if that corrected it or not. ( the screen stretch was annoying), this morning. i decided to unplug everything and start over. mini display from SP to mon1 than usb from SP to mon 2 than usb 3.0 mon 2 to usb upstream mon1, Still did not have touch in both monitors when trying to set both monitors as DT extend. But if i changed mon 2 to dup from the SP than i have touch in both monitors. It works but ideally i would like to have the SP screen off. I might give the Zodac a try again later and see if Calibration works but using a metro app on the stretch screen was horrible so the only way around this was to use modern mix app, but my experience with it last time was alot of bugs...

I read that removing the stickers helps... :big smile:

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

I read that removing the stickers helps... :big smile:
yep i heard that too. But I dont think it worked for Machistmo--. I am curious if that Dell usb android stick coming out in a few months will work with one of these 2 Dell touch monitors I have. I also saw today they released a little smaller cheaper touchscreen. Having 2 of these 23 inch touches are a little too much on my desk and block my view from my office windows. This time of year there are a lot of Hotties jogging and walking their dogs....:in love:

mitchellvii

yep i heard that too. But I dont think it worked for Machistmo--. I am curious if that Dell usb android stick coming out in a few months will work with one of these 2 Dell touch monitors I have. I also saw today they released a little smaller cheaper touchscreen. Having 2 of these 23 inch touches are a little too much on my desk and block my view from my office windows. This time of year there are a lot of Hotties jogging and walking their dogs....:in love:

Watching hotties jog is like reading National Geographic - lots of pretty pictures of places you'll never go...

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

one of these 2 Dell touch monitors I have. I also saw today they released a little smaller cheaper touchscreen. Having 2 of these 23 inch touches are a little too much on my desk and block my view from my office windows. :in love:
hum.......

herschko

The S2240T doesn't have the docking station features like USB ports and Ethernet. Still I have a S2340T and would consider getting the S2240T as a second monitor to hook them up to the SP. Think I can get touch to work on both monitors???

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

would consider getting the S2240T as a second Think I can get touch to work on both monitors???
reading over the specs on the 2240t I think this would work..mini display from SP to mon1hdmi than usb from SP to mon 2 upstream than usb 3.0 mon 2 to usb upstream mon1, Still did not have touch in both monitors when trying to set both monitors as DT extend. But if i changed mon 2 to dup from the SP than i have touch in both monitors.but the sp screen will stay on. It works but ideally i would like to have the SP screen off.