What's new

My Experience with my (2) Dell s2340T touch screen monitors

herschko

reading over the specs on the 2240t I think this would work..mini display from SP to mon1hdmi than usb from SP to mon 2 upstream than usb 3.0 mon 2 to usb upstream mon1, Still did not have touch in both monitors when trying to set both monitors as DT extend. But if i changed mon 2 to dup from the SP than i have touch in both monitors.but the sp screen will stay on. It works but ideally i would like to have the SP screen off.

Sounds good....maybe I will try it. The price is right for the 2240T versus getting another 2340T as a second monitor. Ideally the SP would be able to be turned off, but I don't see that happening.

herschko

reading over the specs on the 2240t I think this would work..mini display from SP to mon1hdmi than usb from SP to mon 2 upstream than usb 3.0 mon 2 to usb upstream mon1, Still did not have touch in both monitors when trying to set both monitors as DT extend. But if i changed mon 2 to dup from the SP than i have touch in both monitors.but the sp screen will stay on. It works but ideally i would like to have the SP screen off.

I finally got around to buying the 2240t. I have tried connecting as you suggested with the 2340T being monitor1 and the 2240T being monitor2 and also the reverse. One problem is that the 2240T does not have a USB 3.0. So in your scheme the 2340T would have to be monitor2. When I connect it leaves one monitor without its HDMI connecting to anything and not working. Do you or anyone have any recommendations on what I might be doing wrong and if this is even possible? Thanks.

herschko

I have the monitors working now. The 2340T through USB and the 2240T through HDMI. The SP is duplicated on the 2340T and the 2240T is extended. Touch works on the 2340T, but not on the 2240T. Connecting the 2240T from its upstream USB to the USB 3.0 on the 2340T enables touch but it is registering on the SP/2340T and not on itself. Any solutions for enabling touch properly on the second monitor?

machistmo

I read that removing the stickers helps... :big smile:

These are terrible lies being told by sticker removers everywhere. If you are a techie like me, leaving those stickers on might be your only shot at a little ghetto in your step. Just sayin.....

Horn

Hello,

Lots of great info but has anyone been able to get two touch screen monitors working with the Surface Pro 2 in the Dock?

Thanks