What's new

My Favorite Surface Cases (Sleeves)

sleith001

Just try help out. If you are confused as which case to buy for your Surface. I find on the web, there are so called top 10 or top 5 Microsoft Surface cases, or must buys. I doubt they really did research on the topic.

Well, I am giving personal opinions here, which is based on my research on Microsoft Store, BestBuy, Amazon, EBay, and I have two Surface devices in the household, 3 cases so far, a few more at workplace. Here is my list of favorite Surface cases (sleeves) in no specific order:

Snugg Wallet Case -- on amazon.com. Professional looking, high quality, pockets for pen and other things. For $30 bucks, this is good value.

Maroo Folio Case -- on Microsoft Store. Excellent build quality, professional looking, a little pricy ($50). I am not a big fan of folio cases, but this one is really high end looking, very well built.

Incipio Surface Case/Sleeve -- on Bestbuy. Quality is good. Reasonably fine looking. About $30. I don't have one, but I checked in BB stores, I like the look of it.

MySurface Surface Case/Sleeve - on amazon.com. This is the one I personally use. Well designed, very compact. About $26.

manonthebrain

i use the Bretheven Bx2 sleeve.It has extra padding for the bottom corners for protection from drops.It is very stiff all around the edge of the sleve. It feels to be water proof faux leather but not up to the zipper. the strap has a soft fabric under and the inside is padded with the same type of fabric with bubbles about 1cm in diameter spaced out about 2 mm a part.

i love this sleeve and the 11' fits the surface perfectly. it doesn't have enough space for extra paper but folding it in half is fine for me. there is no pockets but this is perfect for taking it to and between classes.

link-> Brenthaven BX2 11" Laptop Sleeve - Black : Sleeves - Best Buy Canada

OP
S

sleith001

Like to add this one, on etsy.com, there are hand made cases/sleeves. They appeal to people who like styles and personalities. Just search for Surface cases. I got one for my child.

I use the Snugg case, and like it very much. Haven't noticed it being "too tight" or the felt interior damaging that of my Type Cover 2, it fits just right :)

What I like most about it is that it fits the SP2 with a Type Cover 2 and the pen attached, so I don't misplace it!

beq

From my post here: http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...s/1778-surface-case-reviews-18.html#post58604

For a slim form-fitting sleeve that's no bigger than necessary (can throw into another bag), I like this one cuz it has a handle, charger pocket, fits the SP2 well (just long enough WITHOUT BEING TOO TALL), and only $17:

Amazon.com: Kensington Soft Carrying Case for for iPad 4/3/2/1, Nexus 10, and Surface Pro: Computers & Accessories

Well, I wouldn't mind it being juust a wee bit longer though, if only so I could comfortably leave the pen and/or USB dongle docked on the side (like the Logitech Unifying Receiver).

If moving a bit bigger with more pockets, optional shoulder strap, and durable exterior, but still NOT MUCH LONGER/TALLER than the Surface dimensions, there's this for $18:

Amazon.com: Case Logic VNA210 10.2-Inch Netbook/iPad Attache (Black): Computers & Accessories

Unfortunately Case Logic seems to have revised this case to make it a bit taller, whereas the previous version would've been an even more form-fitting fit for the SP2? Anyone knows where I can find that version? There's an individual supposedly selling one on Amazon, but can't be sure if it's actually the previous version or not...

The trick is to find a case with device compartment long enough without being too tall at the same time. The SP2 is around 10.8" x 6.8", and a lot of tablet cases don't have ample clearance for the 10.8" length (much less the side-mounted pen or any USB dongle), but have more height than necessary.

<snip>

- Amazon.com: Case Logic VNA210 10.2-Inch Netbook/iPad Attache (Black): Computers & Accessories
A thicker case with two front pockets that can comfortably fit the charger, etc. Handles plus removable shoulder strap. Tablet compartment is 10.5" x 7.7" which is about an inch taller than necessary (it's also designed for 1.5" but the SP2 is only 0.5" thick). FWIW the extra thickness did let me squeeze in multiple SP2's at the same time (not that you'd need to do this on a daily basis) :)

Here's the kicker though, Case Logic apparently revised the VNA-210 model, and the previous iteration had a compartment measuring 10.6 x 7.1 which would've been a much better fit for the SP2 (it's also slimmer, being designed for 1")! Anyone knows where we can still buy the previous model??

Last edited:

Nickolai

Like to add this one, on etsy.com, there are hand made cases/sleeves. They appeal to people who like styles and personalities. Just search for Surface cases. I got one for my child.
I like styles and personalities, but I think that slapping a picture on otherwise generic and unremarkable case is not the way to achieve them.

I'm buying a Surface Pro 2 from Microsoft's store. Are there any cases worth buying in the Microsoft's store?

Last edited:
OP
S

sleith001

I like styles and personalities, but I think that slapping a picture on otherwise generic and unremarkable case is not the way to achieve them.

I'm buying a Surface Pro 2 from Microsoft's store. Are there any cases worth buying in the Microsoft's store?

Agree. I wouldn't buy something like that, but my wife would. Some kids like it too.

volumnus

I bought an incipio feather case. I sent it back for the usual problem. The part that fits around the stand was too tight. It caused the stand to bow. The stand wouldn't close flushly. I did an RMA return. I'm waiting on the replacement. We'll see.

I'm wanting to buy a bag. I ordered the Pelican 1075. It hasn't shipped yet. I'm thinking about cancelling it. I still have time. It won't accommodate the charger. This bag looks like it would have room for the tablet in the incipio case with the type2cover attached and the charger.

bag.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/University-Tennessee-College-E-readers-Netbooks/dp/B007W2P9U0

I'm a big Vols fan. I want something that doesn't look like a man purse.

Last edited:

Nackers

hi all, I bought a cover for my SP2, doesn't look like there's enough room for air flow around the top of the case. Has anyone had trouble with over heating.

Bazzer

Surface RT is in a Incipio Capture Px inner shell with rubber outer shell with rear hand grip or a blanking plate. This goes in a Incase terra sleeve for padding of screen when traveling. (Incipio from Amazon UK £38. Incase from TKMax £4)
Surface Pro with Touch 2 (when not a desktop computer) slips in a Griffin leatherette sleeve (Griffin from TKMax £5)