What's new

My First Twelve Hours with the Duo

bangsters

IMG-20201019-WA0029.jpg

Hey guys - how are they holding up? I've been a surface owner since the start but I'm still on the fence on this. (My first SurfaceBook suffered from the swollen screen battery but MS replaced it for free even at 20months old so I appreciated the service)...the swollen batteries, cracked glass and poor USBc plastic surround has me cautious.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Working well - doing tons of multitasking that would have required pulling out my Pro X previously (I only use my Duo in the evenings)

kojack

I think im getting one of these for my work phone. I need iphone because every member in my family uses iphone and we use facetime etc ALOT. This duo however, will be a great device for running my businesses.

kojack

As an aside of the iPhone as well, I wish microsoft would implement more connectivity into YOUR PHONE for iPhone. If dell can do it with mobile connect, I am sure Microsoft could do it as well but with more reliable results.

Hey folks - no one has posted updates since Oct 31.

Did the recent updates fix any issues?
Aside from the purchase price forcing your brain to justify the cost, have you been steadily more or less impressed since the purchase?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Scott

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It fits into my work life; the updates have been good from the OS/Launcher, but the Edge and Teams updates have caused regression with running expanded across both screens.

Teams for a short time allowed nine video feeds and now it's back to four, and Edge only supports gesture navigation

It fits into my work life; the updates have been good from the OS/Launcher, but the Edge and Teams updates have caused regression with running expanded across both screens.

Teams for a short time allowed nine video feeds and now it's back to four, and Edge only supports gesture navigation

Thanks for the update.

kojack

I am looking at getting a Duo to replace my iPhone for work. I think the duo would be an awesome fit. I am using my JVC ear buds more for calls and stuff. So the surface buds and the Duo would be a killer duo for work on the road, and the Pro X for showing properties, taking notes etc as well. How's the Duo working at this point in time.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking at getting a Duo to replace my iPhone for work. I think the duo would be an awesome fit. I am using my JVC ear buds more for calls and stuff. So the surface buds and the Duo would be a killer duo for work on the road, and the Pro X for showing properties, taking notes etc as well. How's the Duo working at this point in time.
I use it 12-14 hours a day, I take most of my Teams calls on it, it's my only device after work, and the Surface Buds are my primary Bluetooth headset.