What's new

My horror story with Micosoft's service so far

yonghong

wow, the replaced one 's battery is way more better than before, my old sp3's battery is LG, this one I don't know whats the brand,its simplo, could someone tell me what's its brand please?

OP
T

tony8154

wow, the replaced one 's battery is way more better than before, my old sp3's battery is LG, this one I don't know whats the brand,its simplo, could someone tell me what's its brand please?
I'm glad that at least someone is getting good service.

As I have updated earlier, I have requested for another exchange, and the call was made on Monday.

Well yesterday this is the e-mail that I received:

This is Josh with the Surface Care team. I do apologize that you find the second replacementSurface device unsatisfactory. I do thank you for taking the time to provide me with images as I can see the smudge you are referencing in one of the images. While providing me the images is very appreciated and beneficial to me providing the appropriate feedback to our service center, I want to also make sure you are happy with the product you have and resolve this issue in full. Assuming the damage to the Surface is strictly cosmetic, meaning your device works without any issue, I would be more than happy to have another exchange set up for you for the replacement device with the smudge screen and scratched on it under warranty. However, providing you with free Microsoft complete as a gesture of goodwill is not possible.

I would be more than happy to extend the warranty of your device by 3 months on top of the year warranty that has been renewed with the device being replaced to ensure any possible manufacturing defects are covered under warranty a little longer. However, please note that this warranty would not cover any physical damage beyond normal wear and tear.

Please reply to this email and let me know if you would like to have the device exchanged again or if you would be willing to accept the device as is. I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon!

In short, pretty much the order has not been made. AGAIN. So I called the service center once again and they said no order has been made. LOL. So I reply to the e-mail again requesting an exchange:

YES I would like to have this product exchanged, as I have mentioned on MONDAY.

I already called on Monday to have this exchanged.
I kept on calling the walk in center to see if my order has arrived but they kept telling me they have nothing.
I had to call in to your service center today only to find out that NO ORDER WAS MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I was not notified that the order was cancelled, nor was I notified that my case again has been escalated to the care team.

So yes, please order another exchange, and send the the order number ASAP.

Just FYI, this will now enter week FIVE with nothing resolved.

...sigh....

Johnny365

Too much is said in your reply. I would be direct and say yes I would like a reply, instead of yes, I said this on Monday, called, confirmed, etc. The rep on the receiving end might be a douche and not honoring it because of the tone of the replies. Who knows.

malberttoo

Too much is said in your reply. I would be direct and say yes I would like a reply, instead of yes, I said this on Monday, called, confirmed, etc. The rep on the receiving end might be a douche and not honoring it because of the tone of the replies. Who knows.

I kindly agree.

OP
T

tony8154

I kindly agree.

I think you two are probably right. From now on I'll try my best to keep my cool and keep my replies as professional as possible.
Thanks for the advice!

OP
T

tony8154

Quick update:

A replacement order was made a few days ago.

I checked with the walk in center today and they say the replacement has arrived.

I go.

They ask for my current serial number. I provide.

It doesn't match their records.

Since it doesn't match their records, no exchange was allowed, and I need to call in MS support again.

It's like they're trying their best to find new ways to fuck up.

OP
T

tony8154

After reading your thread, I'm grateful we have the support infrastructure we do here in the States.
Funny should say that, because I waited till late late night to call the US service number to file a complaint on the shitty service Hong Kong has been given me and the same service center in the Philippines answered the call.

Telstar1948

Now THAT doesn't surprise me. I was primarily referring to Best Buy and MS Stores available. I would say they're a bit better to deal with than what you're having to put up with in Hong Kong - at least I sincerely hope so!

OP
T

tony8154

Now THAT doesn't surprise me. I was primarily referring to Best Buy and MS Stores available. I would say they're a bit better to deal with than what you're having to put up with in Hong Kong - at least I sincerely hope so!
Ah, the good old Best Buy. Never thought I'd actually say that I miss them..

At least when I move back to the States NYC will have a MS store.

I hate to admit it but the form factor is just too good and perfectly fits my needs. Chances are I'll probably even get the SP4.

If I was dealing with Apple service, they would have given me a new one on the spot, but there's no inking with macbooks. Sigh..