What's new

My marvell network driver version is still 14.69.24039.134

manfromwest

I updated latest firmware today.
However, My Marvell Network driver version is still 14.69.24039.134

So I downloaded the Surface pro 2 driver package october 2013 from the Microsoft Website and try to install manually.
It doesn't work...as before.

14.69.24039.134 version is the driver what oct update has?
or my surface pro2 got defect on wifi network card.

seems like 14.69.24044.150 version are existing some where I never could get.

Last edited:

rmblue2

That is odd. Mine is ver. 14.69.24044.150 dated 9/19/2013
It's not odd because the date he mentioned is in european format - you should read: 11/08/2013.

As I understand the latest driver is version 14.69.24049.160. I don't see why you should install a previous version mentioned in the post above. I also believe this version came through the Jan fw update.

OP
M

manfromwest

I had to reset my computer because of got some problem after December update, such as battery, surface cover driver...

After reset, I update my sp2 with oct 2013 fw update from automatic update.
however my network driver was left behind.

So i tried to update manually by download drivers as everybody mentioned. and my sp2 says successfully updated.
However, nothing changed my driver is still 14.69.24039.134... after restart it is same...
I tried this sequence more than 10 times.

I am stucked. MS support says reset my sp2 again... hey I reset my sp2 more than 3 times... let me use it

Last edited:
I had the same problem. And I solved it. I will write my solution during the day after I get home from work (sorry for that). Because I don't remember exactly what I did but I saved it in an word document.

I had the same problem, that after a reset windows update wasn´t able to update the drivers correctly. And blocked the manually install of the drivers. http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/microsoft-surface-pro-2/6955-driver-problem-my-sp2.html

But i found a solution.

1. Reset the SP2
2. Turn off Windows Update
3. Manually install the 3 components in the microsoft/FW Folder (EC,SAM,UEFI) of the October2013SurfacePro2 Driver Package
4. Restart
5. Turn on Windows Update and run it
6. Windows update will update the other components

I hope this solution works for you.

samurai

I had to reset my computer because of got some problem after December update, such as battery, surface cover driver...

After reset, I update my sp2 with oct 2013 fw update from automatic update.
however my network driver was left behind.

So i tried to update manually by download drivers as everybody mentioned. and my sp2 says successfully updated.
However, nothing changed my driver is still 14.69.24039.134... after restart it is same...
I tried this sequence more than 10 times.

I am stucked. MS support says reset my sp2 again... hey I reset my sp2 more than 3 times... let me use it

I had the same issue. Seems like Microsoft screwed up with the recovery image. Then I did this. Systems Admin Guy | How to update Surface Pro 2 Recovery Image drivers. A bit complicated but works.

Or you could use the suggestion from above post.

I know nothing is perfect. But some issues are pretty basic and should have never occurred in the first place. God knows what Microsoft is up to with all these silly problems.