What's new

My new SP3 already just paid for itself

OP
U

uktivo

Thanks all. Applied the updates and all is working just fine. Shame my wifi doesn't connect now (randomly) and the wifi transfer is terrible. My home internet connection is 152mbps down and about 13mbps up. (tested on macbook air) on my sp3, I'm getting 13mbps down and 12mbps up.. I will have to look how to fix this..

phositadc

Thanks all. Applied the updates and all is working just fine. Shame my wifi doesn't connect now (randomly) and the wifi transfer is terrible. My home internet connection is 152mbps down and about 13mbps up. (tested on macbook air) on my sp3, I'm getting 13mbps down and 12mbps up.. I will have to look how to fix this..

Just to test, you should see if your speeds improve substantially if you disable Bluetooth. A number of folks (including myself) have reported this.

Also, my speeds on 5 GHz are normal, whereas my speeds on 2.4 GHz are reduced unless I disable Bluetooth.

OP
U

uktivo

its all weird. The results are all over the place. ive tried with and without bluetooth enabled but in all honesty, it seems to make no difference.
it seems the wifi adaptor sometimes throttles, sometimes it doesn't, it depemds on which way the wind is blowing. i think MS will fix this, it does look like a software glitch to me. Anyway, see results below

Attachments

• tests.pdf
    629.7 KB · Views: 468

kodos

I've been using Snipping Tool since Windows 7, it is great! Unfortunately won't work on the Metro side of the device, but it is invaluable in Desktop mode (where I spend the bulk of my time).

As for the SP3, I am really glad you've already made the purchase back. I have as well, it has been wonderful for my contracting business. I can take it anywhere and be productive anywhere in the world.

bluegrass

You're obviously talking about speeds between you Surface and your wireless router and not the speeds to the Internet. Although I've never seen where you can look at your download speeds between the router and the computer.

I wish you could buy a 152mbs speed from an Internet provider. Wow! Couldn't you download some stuff with that kind of Internet speed. Maybe will get to 30 or 40 mbs someday. As it is, I can stream YouTube HD videos fine on my 3.5 mbs Internet speed.