What's new

My Review

sean99

Welcome aboard Sean.
Liam's last post was over a year ago so you may not get much of a response from him. Personally I favor the SP4 but you probably could do all of what you need as you stated on the Surface 3 without problems.
Thanks Leeshor. I should have posted more about my thoughts as a user. I have an Air 1 currently, which I plan to give to my wife( she dropped hers). I do my desk work on a PC ( Win7) . My 14inch screen notebook just died. So, I guess I was attracted ( like most men) to the Pro 4's larger higher resolution screen, (12.8 " )as compared with the Surface 3 screen (10.8") . Plus it has LTE. there are many times I regret not spending the extra bucks, so that my Air was cellular friendly.

leeshor

Thanks Leeshor. I should have posted more about my thoughts as a user. I have an Air 1 currently, which I plan to give to my wife( she dropped hers). I do my desk work on a PC ( Win7) . My 14inch screen notebook just died. So, I guess I was attracted ( like most men) to the Pro 4's larger higher resolution screen, (12.8 " )as compared with the Surface 3 screen (10.8") . Plus it has LTE. there are many times I regret not spending the extra bucks, so that my Air was cellular friendly.
Just to be clear, the SP$ has a 12.3" screen. Not 12.8".

Sheller

I've just bought my SPro3 and I love it. I had a 9 year old laptop, the screen hadn't worked for a couple of years, so I had an external screen, but last week it died altogether. And I have a tablet that is 4 years old and the on/off switch just broke and it isn't as responsive as it had been, so looking to replace those two, this SPro3 is absolutely perfect. I love the size of it and the coloured keyboard. Microsoft is like an old familiar friend. I would recommend this to anyone. I recently retired so my needs aren't that great. A bit of word processing, email, facebook, Kodi, that's about it. No complaints. Not One.

Last edited:

Matesamo

I was in the same situation, more or less. I was looking for a device that would really pop while reading digital comic books and was going to upgrade my iPad Mini to and Air or Pro but storage is always an issue when you buy a large collection of digital comics! I wound up buying a SP3 Pro (i5, 256GB SSD, 8 GB RAM) with docking station, pro keyboard, VGA adaptor and extra pen for a little under $700 which was not that much more then a Pro Air with the biggest storage. I also bought a 128GB micro SD card to store the comics on so space really is not a concern. Loving it so far!

sean99

Hello again, almost 6 months since I bought the basic model, Pro 4 with the Intel m3 chip. 4 GB RAM.
I have upped my 128GB of installed storage with a Sandisc 128GB SD micro-card. everything is honky dory - love that screen quality - it blows away ipad users when I show a full screen photo. also getting rave reviews on skype (which, admittedly, is limited by the receptors screen quality). Lost my pen, prob. because it was black - replaced i with a red one.wished I had bought the pen strap (and the restaurateur where I left it were able to speak english - they did offer me a power bank, left behind by another customer:)
Recently, having trouble with eitehr (a) Win 10 app or (b) the SD card. Surface freezes. Online support suggests I check to see if my SD card is corrupted, and/or to de-index it. When checked the indexing function - it shows that the C: drive is not indexed.
Now before someone suggests that this is a Win10 problem, here is my question:
did your Surface ship with the C: drive indexed or not indexed? and if not , did you change it to use the index function?
any experiences as a result?
Originally, I wrote that I gave my iPad Air to my wife. Yes - she wants a Surface.
Warm regards from Thailand - especially to our all our US Surface friends - we hope you will survive the twin frights of both Halloween and Nov 8.

kristalsoldier

I've just bought my SPro3 and I love it. I had a 9 year old laptop, the screen hadn't worked for a couple of years, so I had an external screen, but last week it died altogether. And I have a tablet that is 4 years old and the on/off switch just broke and it isn't as responsive as it had been, so looking to replace those two, this SPro3 is absolutely perfect. I love the size of it and the coloured keyboard. Microsoft is like an old familiar friend. I would recommend this to anyone. I recently retired so my needs aren't that great. A bit of word processing, email, facebook, Kodi, that's about it. No complaints. Not One.

Nice!! But what is Kodi?

Johnny365

I've had my SP3 for 1.5 years (2 years in April 2017) and I love it! Haven't had any hardware issues to speak of (besides the MicroSD sometimes unmounting at times). I have my 6.5 year old laptop that I use for work and that's still kicking as well. I guess I just have good luck with electronics.