What's new

My SKINny Surface Pro 2 - Vinyl Skin

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have not been a big fan of skinning my devices in the past. But I paid a lot for my Surface Pro 2, and I like knowing that the beautiful finish on it is protected under some vinyl. Here is my new skin from Stickerboy.net. I really like the woody, satiny texture of the 3M appliqué.

I like this product so much, and they were so easy to apply, I did my MacPro 15" Retina, also.

sp2_wood1.JPGsp2_wood2.JPGsp2_wood3.JPGsp2_wood4.JPGView attachment 1780skin_surface.jpg

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have the option to peel off (not use) the skin on the glass surface, if I want.

This skin adds some elegance around my home and my office. It also helps with gripping the device, making a drop less likely.

Last edited:

jefhart

I have the option to peel off (not use) the skin on the glass surface, if I want.

This skin adds some elegance around my home and my office. It also helps with gripping the device, making a drop less likely.
How hard is it to peel that off? Does it leave a sticky feeling all over the original?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
How hard is it to peel that off? Does it leave a sticky feeling all over the original?

Takes some strength to peel off, jefhart, but it does not tear, so it stays in one piece. I like that. Not likely to peel. Absolutely no reside. In fact, really leaves the surface clean, because it seems to pick up micro-dust off of the finish and leave a factory-new lustre.

I know this, because I had a previous skin on this PS2 from skinomi.com. Nice, but I like this one better - enough to peel, replace, take pictures, and post. :)

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes I like some woodgrain. As was posted above, a properly textured woodgrain can bring an elegant retro look.
A hobby of mine is to restore old radios. Here's the woodgrain on true retro. :)

Stromberg-Carlson_1.JPGMajestic_1.JPG

Last edited:

al2fast

Looks nice, I really like the vinyl on the face, I'll have to check that site out! Cannot agree more on the added grip/texture that the vinyl adds. You did a great job with the install too! Thanks for sharing.