What's new

my sp2 just died :-(

Sihaz

got a blue screen of death that said something about kernel security error. now it'll only boot to uefi. MS are going to send me a replacement. they didn't really seem to think there was any way to get it working again. do you guys have any bright ideas before I send it back? I've tried changing all the settings in the uefi but still no dice. cheers, si

benjitek

Wonder if the contents of your hard drive are still there? If so, how it could be wiped before sending it in...

OP
S

Sihaz

not sure but I was worried about that too. the MS rep insisted if the drive was readable they would wipe it but I can't get to it myself to be sure. I tried booting from my usb recovery drive but when I try to recover the machine it says the hard drive is locked so it looks like there is a problem reading the ssd...

OP
S

Sihaz

Well I got my replacement surface today. Pretty quick turnaround. Seems in perfect condition other than a tiny bit of finish missing from the power socket. Seeing as mine was a bit scuffed I'm cool with that. Hope this one lasts a bit longer though. Only got 7 months out of the first one!