What's new

My surface 2 touch screen is not working!

paulcjh

recently got my surface 2. At first everything was fine and worked well. Suddenly the auto rotate doesnt work and i was stuck on landscape mode. I did an update and restart to resolve that matter and after restarting. The auto rotate works fine, but the screen no longer register my touches!!

i cant even reset my Display option.
i've tried system refresh and it still doesnt work!

Can anyone help me with the problem?

Edward Gan`

Hi Paul, my screen is dead too. Even with the Type cover removed, it would not response to my touch even after refreshing & resetting it. Called Microsoft and they have confirmed that it is a hardware issue and would gladly replace it with a new unit.

Edward Gan`

Hi Paul, just got my unit back from Microsoft and they've managed to restore the functionality of the touch screen. Hope this helps.

Edward

BJAntolin

recently got my surface 2. At first everything was fine and worked well. Suddenly the auto rotate doesnt work and i was stuck on landscape mode. I did an update and restart to resolve that matter and after restarting. The auto rotate works fine, but the screen no longer register my touches!!

i cant even reset my Display option.
i've tried system refresh and it still doesnt work!

Can anyone help me with the problem?
I found the easiest fix ever...... go to Word. At the top of the page is an icon that looks like a hand in the position to click..... click on the hand. (It is a mouse/touch option.) Click on touch. This fixed mine. (After Microsoft took me through all their suggestions, reset, restore, recovery, $200 for a replacement.......)