What's new

My Surface Book Issues

MrRedHat

After having my Surface Books for a few days, these are the problems that we’ve run across.

When the computer is coming out of sleep mode the mouse doesn’t respond. I haven’t figured out a way to get the cursor to show on the screen unless I reboot the Surface Book. This also happens on my wife’s Surface Book too.

When in the middle of writing with the pen, the screen lost all connectivity with the pen. The touch screen stopped responding at the same time. The only way to get it back was to reboot the PC.

I’ve had a few BSOD’s on my Surface Book too. It seems to be when attaching/detaching the keyboard from the screen part. I’ve only had the BSOD on one of the Surface Book’s, my wife’s has been pretty stable.

I’m not too happy about the Battery life either. I seem to only be getting about half of the 12 hours on them.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
These sound similar to issues I have seen with SP4 and SP3 on W10. A general category of input methods stop working: Type Cover, On Screen Keyboard, Touch Screen, Pen, mouse/pad all Windows 10 issues.

Battery life seems to be a recurring theme for new models, usually after a firmware update or two it's fixed although Windows 10 has it's own issues with battery life. Hopefully the November update will cure some of that but I'm not expecting miracles. After one recent update I found my SP4 was on the Performance Power Profile, switched it back to Balanced.

BOSDs info gets feed back to MS which helps in resolving the issues, if you haven't turned it off.

GSprunk

After having my Surface Books for a few days, these are the problems that we’ve run across.

When the computer is coming out of sleep mode the mouse doesn’t respond. I haven’t figured out a way to get the cursor to show on the screen unless I reboot the Surface Book. This also happens on my wife’s Surface Book too.

When in the middle of writing with the pen, the screen lost all connectivity with the pen. The touch screen stopped responding at the same time. The only way to get it back was to reboot the PC.

I’ve had a few BSOD’s on my Surface Book too. It seems to be when attaching/detaching the keyboard from the screen part. I’ve only had the BSOD on one of the Surface Book’s, my wife’s has been pretty stable.

I’m not too happy about the Battery life either. I seem to only be getting about half of the 12 hours on them.

Agreed.