What's new

My Surface Pro 2

shakex

I've had a Dell laptop, HP laptop, iPad, iPad 2, and Nexus 7 and this is by far the greatest tablet/PC I've ever had. I just love it! Good job Microsoft!!!

ynK3RTH.jpg

CrippsCorner

Cool set up. Out of interested do you ever use the touchscreen in this position? It looks kinda hard to reach. Mine's quite similar to yours but I keep my Surface on the lower shelf so I can access it with my fingers whenever needed :)

beman39

kayzee I suspect that when the Surface is on the stand the OP uses the keyboard and mouse solely for navigation and control of the Surface... I don't think he uses the screen

bluegrass

I've been thinking a lot about the ideal setup for the Surface at home and for the life of me I can't see a scenario that would make a large touch screen be that useful. I know that Microsoft seems to be trying to steer users towards touch technology. I think the Surface touch is the way to go when in the field or away from your home setup. I think my ideal home/office setup will be the docking station, two 24" display port 1.2 monitors, a full size Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, Bose speakers & perhaps an external BluRay r/w optical drive. I would also have a stack of 2" external hard drives close by with all my videos and data.

OP
S

shakex

Cool set up. Out of interested do you ever use the touchscreen in this position? It looks kinda hard to reach. Mine's quite similar to yours but I keep my Surface on the lower shelf so I can access it with my fingers whenever needed :)

Thanks for the nice words. While I was surprised that the touchscreen does work when it's hooked up in this position, no I don't use it. I like to use the keyboard and mouse in this position. What I love about the Surface Pro is when I'm done using it in this position, I detach it and use it as a touchscreen tablet!

OP
S

shakex

I've been thinking a lot about the ideal setup for the Surface at home and for the life of me I can't see a scenario that would make a large touch screen be that useful. I know that Microsoft seems to be trying to steer users towards touch technology. I think the Surface touch is the way to go when in the field or away from your home setup. I think my ideal home/office setup will be the docking station, two 24" display port 1.2 monitors, a full size Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, Bose speakers & perhaps an external BluRay r/w optical drive. I would also have a stack of 2" external hard drives close by with all my videos and data.

My setup works for me extremely well. My setup is just enough for my daily home usage and what made me so happy was the power packed into the Surface Pro. Since I was coming from a Nexus 7 (1st gen) I was so blown away with the Surface and will never leave Microsoft again! I learned my lesson with trying to dabble in other stuff.