What's new

my surface pro 3 arrived today

Kris

I had a cover come with the back lighting. There is away to turn back on. on the cover itself sorry as of this moment my new SP3 is being shipped to me or I would look at it and tell you how to turn it back up...

pressing the F2 button turns on the keyboard back lights as someone told me.
Still no time remaining is missing on battery icon. Only showing percentage

annabanana

That feature is not on SP3, but there is a third party app mentioned here in a couple of other threads. I don't recall the app name, but you should be able to find it using search.

wynand32

That feature is not on SP3, but there is a third party app mentioned here in a couple of other threads. I don't recall the app name, but you should be able to find it using search.

You might be thinking of Battery Bar Pro (despite the name, there's a free version). Works great for monitoring battery performance and wear.

kundas1

pressing the F2 button turns on the keyboard back lights as someone told me.
Still no time remaining is missing on battery icon. Only showing percentage

no windows computer has ever had that feature for the battery, that shouldn't be anything new to you nor should it be "down side" to the SP3 ;)

Aeron15

Having a battery meter on Surface Pro 3 would be a death sentence for them... 1 hour of writing using the pen drains 30% of the battery. It shuts itself off at 5% too.

Gavacac

I'm glad I purchased it as this came over from the USA

Hi. I'm in the UK and thinking of getting one from the US. Where are you based?

Are there any challenges/difficulties about purchasing from the US? I was planning on buying a UK power supply and a UK Type Cover. I'm assuming that a US SP3 itself is identical to a UK SP3. Am I right?

Bought my surface pro 2 and 3 via the Us on eBay .
Paid for the computer, import tax and shipping. saved money instead of buying here in Thailand or NZ.
Yes identical but i am not sure about the keyboard layout