What's new

My Surface Pro 3 (i3) is underperforming and then some

raqball

According to Passmark aggregate Benchmarks for these CPUs is
i5 3317U = 3094
i3 4020Y = 2254 - 26%

Which depending on what you are doing, could be less than the blink of an eye..

I think the difference would show during hardcore use and would be unnoticeable under normal use..

raqball

Thanks for all your inputs.

Would you guys mind running the windows store 3dmark for me (i3 users) and post you result?

The store is down for me so if and when it comes back online I will download the app and post my results.

If you have lag when typing, I'm going to say you either have a bad unit or something else effecting it..

raqball

Thanks for all your inputs.

Would you guys mind running the windows store 3dmark for me (i3 users) and post you result?

Here is mine: 32957

Screenshot (1).png

raqball

I'm guessing you have a faulty unit..

My i3 screams and as I previously stated, I see no discernible difference between my current i3 / 4 / 64 and my previous i5 / 8 / 256..

You most definitely should not be getting lag when typing on a webpage.

I'm no SP3 expert but if it were me, I'd do a complete factory reset. If it's still lagging after that then it's probably time for an exchange.

OP
Tobias Hjorth

Tobias Hjorth

Thank you so much for all your help, yours is roughly 10 secs faster. Cant help thinking my unit is faulty, odd cause it's only a week old and i've next to nothing installed on it. To make a long story short I went by the store and exchanged it for the i5 and gave a small amount of money in return. So now I can get productional and not have to wait for a replacement.

Love this forum and the feedback

raqball

Awesome.. Glad you got it sorted out.. A faster processor can't hurt. :)

Yes my numbers were much faster than yours in both tests so I assume you just had a faulty unit.