What's new

My Surface pro 5 freeze on surface logo . dpc-watchdog-violation

Aamir Malik

i have Microsoft surface pro I7 model number 1796 . My tablet is stuck on Surface logo . i try every thing . i did download img too but i could not re install my windows.... my tablet Dead slow in bios 2 . dpc-watchdog-violation this msg show after 30 min

wpcoe

Do you have any Windows 10 media (USB stick, CD) that you can use to boot from? If so, boot from the media and choose the Repair option. *Maybe* that can shake things loose.

patteena

Do you have any Windows 10 media (USB stick, CD) that you can use to boot from? If so, boot from the media and choose the Repair option. *Maybe* that can shake things loose.

My sons surface pro 2017 is doing this as well this morning. It is only a week old and we don't have windows 10 on a usb stick. Any other thoughts as to how I could fix this? When we turn on the screen is black with the 4 white squares (I am assuming this is the logo)? I have tried advice about holding on/off button and volume up to reset, that I read on the internet, but this did nothing. Any advice would be helpful :)