What's new

My Touch Keyboard broke??

fastfed

I did a full reset about a week ago, or so, my keyboard was fine, the touch2 black.
I noticed lastnight during a reset it was updating something, didn't think about it until today at work. My keyboard is not responding at all.. When I detach and reattach it makes the noise and the keyboard lights up.

that's it though, completely no action, no mouse no keys.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

OP
F

fastfed

Actually, my friend here at work has a Surface RT with the touch keyboard 1, (My original I sold him) I just tried his keyboard on my Surface 2, and guess what.. Not working. So its not the keyboard but the Tablet itself.

OP
F

fastfed

I did a refresh, not a reformat just a refresh and it seems to be working.. although I did get an error in the middle.. blue screen, saying something went wrong it needs to reset.
I had to do a hard reset ..

Seriously, why is this forums so slow?

justinhowe

I did a refresh, not a reformat just a refresh and it seems to be working.. although I did get an error in the middle.. blue screen, saying something went wrong it needs to reset.
I had to do a hard reset ..

Seriously, why is this forums so slow?

Glad you got it working, but seriously, saying the forums are slow because you didn't get a response in two hours? That's a bit unreasonable.

OP
F

fastfed

2 hours?? LOL It 8 hours till you finally responded :) anyway, guess what!!!

Keyboard isn't working ONCE AGAIN!!!

WTF!! Is going on here?? Seriously, I'm not doing another refresh/format, I simply refuse to do this every month or so.

Any solutions?

Hstakz

Look buddy, a trip to hell ah I mean the Microsoft store will do it. Just complain, they agree and nod "yes yes" and give you a new one within minutes! Microsoft have got money to burn.