What's new

My type cover wakes up SP3 when closed. Why?

OP
B

bryanhayn

I hope that those are PG13 pictures otherwise they are now public pictures in some rated R website.;)

Don't worry, since my SP3 was lying face down the only pictures taken were of my ceiling, ceiling fan, and type cover.

UPDATE: Got my brand new replacement 4GB, 128GB, i5 SP3 (I didn't bother asking about an upgrade because I convinced myself that $300 would be better spent on an Nvidia Shield Tablet, Moto 360, or alcohol). This new SP3 works perfectly. The Microsoft Store Genius (or whatever they're called) even let me keep the stylus and power adapter from my original SP3 :)

FlySwatter

Don't worry, since my SP3 was lying face down the only pictures taken were of my ceiling, ceiling fan, and type cover.

UPDATE: Got my brand new replacement 4GB, 128GB, i5 SP3 (I didn't bother asking about an upgrade because I convinced myself that $300 would be better spent on an Nvidia Shield Tablet, Moto 360, or alcohol). This new SP3 works perfectly. The Microsoft Store Genius (or whatever they're called) even let me keep the stylus and power adapter from my original SP3 :)
Lucky duck! I'd roll a hobo for a free power adapter.

ctitanic

Good!

yonghong

My SP3 wakes when I touch or click the pad.
I had trouble with my SP3 randomly waking and it was my Bluetooth mouse that was on.
I don't have any random wake issues now.
Me 2, I have to turn off my BT mouse before turn off SP3

altont

... Also, when it wakes it randomly takes a bunch of front camera pictures. The longer it sits the more pictures it takes.

That has happened to me twice. First time was two weeks ago, 2 days after I bought it, then it happened again this past Sunday.
I hope its just Windows or a driver issue, and not a physical problem with the hardware.