What's new

Navigating the Store

Vanz

Is there a way to search through the store for a product or sort the items. I seem to be able to only view 100 items in a given section, are there more?

riggi

If you search for "*" (no quote marks)it will list every app in the store. (Currently 33965 of them).
You can then filter by category.
Still not very elegant, but it may show some that don't show up when you just search by a key word.

ArnoldC

One has to consider the location too. As an example, we in the Philippines don't have access to apps like Photobucket, TrackPad Settings, Nokia Music, etc. I need to "fake" my location yo get them.

kristalsoldier

One has to consider the location too. As an example, we in the Philippines don't have access to apps like Photobucket, TrackPad Settings, Nokia Music, etc. I need to "fake" my location yo get them.

Nokia Music I can understand - copyright issues etc. But TrackPad Settings? What on earth could be the reason as to you that app has a geographically-determined restriction?

ArnoldC

Nokia Music I can understand - copyright issues etc. But TrackPad Settings? What on earth could be the reason as to you that app has a geographically-determined restriction?

No idea. The only way I can see and install it is to change Locale to United States.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Looks like a great site, too bad everything I click on says it is displaying zero apps.
Maybe they are rebooting their database?

I might complain about the MS App Store but at least it has content.

It isn't just a website it is an app that you can get from the MS Store and use as an app store on your Surface. Ultimately it still takes you to the MS store to get an app but it can make app discovery much easier.

There is definitely some sort of issue with their website at the moment it isn't usually like that. The search and New Releases still seem to be working though http://www.greatwindowsapps.com/browse/search/trackpad.

Zimmy

It isn't just a website it is an app that you can get from the MS Store and use as an app store on your Surface. Ultimately it still takes you to the MS store to get an app but it can make app discovery much easier.

There is definitely some sort of issue with their website at the moment it isn't usually like that. The search and New Releases still seem to be working though Apps matching 'trackpad' on Great Windows Apps.

Seems to be working now.
I noticed the little plus sign that tells you there is an app for the site.
Go to the store and lo and behold, they want $3 !?!?!? for a Metro style version of the free website?
Are you kidding me?

I may pay 99 cents for an app that has the functionality of Appshopper on iOS.

I want to select Apps I own/want, then get notified of changes/updates/price drops.
How about a history of price changes?

I'll just use the web version for now, thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Holey guacamole! It use to be free. I guess they realized they had a market if MS's store is suck and people are paying $5 for a start button why not charge $3 for their app? :(