What's new

Necessity of using a screen protector ?

Rushino

Hello,

The device is really amazing.. so i am starting to wonder if its a necessity to use a screen protector ? Do you guys installed any ? or just the cover do the job.

Thanks!

ArnoldC

I think the screen protector on a Surface Pro will affect the pen input. I have a screen protector on my RT and my Wacom capacitive pen became useless. Also depends on the type of screen protector used.

OP
R

Rushino

I think the screen protector on a Surface Pro will affect the pen input. I have a screen protector on my RT and my Wacom capacitive pen became useless. Also depends on the type of screen protector used.

Ive heard this issue too and i wanted to use the pen a lots.. So i think i won't get a screen protector. Anyway the cover should do his job.

bosamar

I've never used a screen protector on anything. The Surface glass is very strong and scratch resistant. I agree with Arnold, it may affect pen input.

souldier

Yeah I don't experience any scratches on my devices. Just don't be careless and you should be fine. I personally don't like screen protectors b/c they are a hassle to put on and they take away from the natural clarity of the glass

OP
R

Rushino

Alright thanks for your suggestion. You forgot to say they cost a lots too.. the one i saw for surface pro was 40$ (zagg)... what a ripoff...

vook

I use a screen protector and my pen works perfect. Gorilla glass can scratch. I'm currently using one similar to zagg and its ugly but I am going to try a thinner dry application film