What's new

Need help with Outlook 2013

mpupo

I just got a Surface Pro 3 today. Installed office 2013. Opened up Outlook and started putting info in to connect my exchange server. The info was not correct, and now Outlook attempts to open but I keep getting an error message stating that Exchange is not available, then when I hit "ok" it take me to a window for "check name". It cannot verify the user name and then tells me that Outlook cannot open the Outlook date files and shuts down.

At this point, I would like to erase, delete anything related to Outlook and start over.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks

Garyjk

open up the classic control panel and click the mail icon
can't tell from your description, but you can try to delete the account, the outlook profile here.

Ms.Dos

... At this point, I would like to erase, delete anything related to Outlook and start over...

Gary is exactly right. You don't need to change Outlook, just your mail profile that holds your account information.

1. Open Control Panel. Switch the view from Categories to Large Icons.
  2. Click on the icon for Mail (Outlook 2013). Click on Show Profiles.
  3. You will see one profile in the list. Don't bother trying to change it, just Add a new profile.

Now you should be in familiar territory. Add your email information. When you are done and back to the Mail profile screen, (where you now have 2 profiles), change the setting at the bottom to Always open your new profile.