What's new

Need Help with surface rt

Alright my dad brought himself a SP 128 GB and I have a Surface RT 32 GB with a red touch cover.

I absolutely love it and I am easing away from my half-dead laptop and using my surface rt as a laptop replacement but I have a few questions....

1. TouchPad uncomfortable to use[/B

]When I type on the touchpad it is mostly easy for me to use and type on but I have some issues with typing as it hurts my hands/wrists from using it a few time.

Is there a recommended arm rest that makes it comfortable to use?]

2. Storage

The surface storage is currently at 14 GB of it's available 32 GB. I don't necessarily mind the low storage but I hate having to be able to proactively watching my storage.

What recommended USB flash drives are good quality and compatible with the surface rt? I don't need anything too expensive....Probably about 16 or 32 GB.

3. Xbox Music

Does Xbox Music monthly subscription allow me to use music that is on my 920(songs that I have stored on my phone) and stream them to my surface?

Currently I have all my music stored on an SD Card but that is annoying because I constantly have to go up a directory and then open the files in Xbox Music.

I also have an issue making playlist. I assume since the music is not stored on the Surface RT but on a SD card that it will not allow me to create playlist?

Is there a way to create playlist for my music without having to have the music stored on my SD Card?

oion

Alright my dad brought himself a SP 128 GB and I have a Surface RT 32 GB with a red touch cover.

I absolutely love it and I am easing away from my half-dead laptop and using my surface rt as a laptop replacement but I have a few questions....

1. TouchPad uncomfortable to use[/B

]When I type on the touchpad it is mostly easy for me to use and type on but I have some issues with typing as it hurts my hands/wrists from using it a few time.

Is there a recommended arm rest that makes it comfortable to use?]

I'm guessing your post has typos and you mean that you're fine typing but have some issues with the touchpad. Honestly, I think your best bet is to use a mouse, assuming you're using it on a table most of the time. I'm saving up for either MS's Wedge mouse or a Swiftpoint SM300; I figure whenever I need to use the touchpad, that really means I need a mouse. Touchscreen is good for all other things besides fiddling around in MS Office, and I spend a lot of time in Office...

2. Storage

The surface storage is currently at 14 GB of it's available 32 GB. I don't necessarily mind the low storage but I hate having to be able to proactively watching my storage.

What recommended USB flash drives are good quality and compatible with the surface rt? I don't need anything too expensive....Probably about 16 or 32 GB.

Don't forget to make use of the microSD card slot, which can be expanded to 64GB currently. The advantage is that you can just leave the card in there, and it doesn't stick out or get in the way. I have quite a number of USB thumb drives myself, but my favorite are the very low-profile ones like SanDisk's Cruzer Fit that barely protrude, and I could leave it in if I wanted to without much trouble. I've gotten used to using MS's SkyDrive as well (7GB free storage), if you haven't started using that.

bosamar

It make take a few days to get used to the keyboard. Microsoft says about 5 days. My advice is to get a microSD card and map it. Put all your data files on it and leave the hard drive for applications. 12GB on your hard drive holds a ton of applications as most are small. There is even a thread on these forums on how to save applications to your microSD card. I've got all my music on my microSD card and it works perfect with both the music app and Multimedia8.

oion

Oh, if OP meant the Touch cover and not the touchpad per se, sorry if I misinterpreted. ;)

gpstrucker

It can take a little time to get accustomed to the TouchCover. As for storage, micro SD cards are great, but as to your specific question, I use the PNY flash drives and they work just fine.