What's new

Need Operating Help

sgreen

Sorry to tag onto this thread but I am in trouble. I am a new user as our IT department issued me a Surface Pro 2 weeks ago as a replacement for my aging 4 year old Dell laptop. I consider myself barely computer literate and am currently starting my days at a 60% frustration level. New tablet format to learn, Microsoft 8 and Outlook 2013 all have contributed to a steep learning curve and I am falling behind in my work because nothing seems to be where I look for it or accessible by "traditional" methods. I searched Google for "Surface Pro tutorial" and ended up here. Wasn't looking to post, only to find some help in operating this new technology. I couldn't even find where to start a new post so I tagged onto this one. Can anyone help me with some online Surface Pro helps, features and operating procedures? I'm dying here. - Steve

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to tag onto this thread but I am in trouble. I am a new user as our IT department issued me a Surface Pro 2 weeks ago as a replacement for my aging 4 year old Dell laptop. I consider myself barely computer literate and am currently starting my days at a 60% frustration level. New tablet format to learn, Microsoft 8 and Outlook 2013 all have contributed to a steep learning curve and I am falling behind in my work because nothing seems to be where I look for it or accessible by "traditional" methods. I searched Google for "Surface Pro tutorial" and ended up here. Wasn't looking to post, only to find some help in operating this new technology. I couldn't even find where to start a new post so I tagged onto this one. Can anyone help me with some online Surface Pro helps, features and operating procedures? I'm dying here. - Steve
Start here: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...CA8AB978BC8/Surface_Getting_Started_guide.pdf then move to here Getting Started with Office Home Premium - Office.com

Inadorel

There are a number of books about it available on Amazon at low cost. Might be good while you are learning to be able to sit with a paper book while you try things out on the machine :)

Jglnaz372

You can check the help page from Microsoft that has some good starter info that might help you. Good luck.

Microsoft Surface support | Surface help and how-to | Surface setup and troubleshooting