What's new

Need Surface Pro 2017 Marvell drivers

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I imagine they'll be pushed via Windows update when Microsoft decides. Any specific reason you are after the brand new ones?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just want to have the latest Wifi driver for my Surface 3 PRO.
They are necessarily compatible across all devices - Microsoft does custimizations on their drivers for the hardware. I wouldn't install SP 2017 drivers on an older device, I would on a Surface Laptop as they share common architecture.

OP
D

dicks

The laptop package is a .msi and so not easily to "unzip". The latest versions are only MSI.....

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think what's being said is that the 2017 drivers may not be compatible with the sp3, and would explain why you're not getting it in Windows update. Microsoft will push driver updates when they're happy they'll not cause any issues.

OP
D

dicks

True, but if you look at other general drivers like Intel Graphics, then MS does not seem to update older Surface devices like the 3 PRO.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Per my first post, is there a specific reason you want them, other than the fact that they're newer? My sp3 is on all the regular drivers, and there is not a single issue, so I'd personally have no reason to try and upgrade them.

OP
D

dicks

Yes, you are right. Hence possibly the reason to not have drivers publically but only update them via Windows Update, where needed.