What's new

.NET Runtime Optimization crippling my SP3 Battery

Carioca

Hi Guys,

I did a quick search for this on the forum to try avoid asking a "noob" question, but am I the only person getting hammered by ".NET Runtime..." usage?

It seems to be triggered mostly by Edge, but ever since I upgraded to W10 this has crippled battery life.

Typically showing min 400MB plus of memory in the task manager, which heats up the SP3 and means the fan comes on.

I am lucky to get a couple of hours now... :(

Is there anything I can do about this?

Used to love my SP3. Now not so much... :(

Thank you very much for your help!!

OP
C

Carioca

Thanks for your response. My apologies for the delay.

I ran the link you sent through, but it still seems to be hogging my memory, but now it's plagued by another problem:

"System and Compressed Memory" which also seems to tick along at 350-500 MB of memory usage.

My SP3 is now barely lasting a couple of hours of minimal use, and never turns fan off...

Poor SP3...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your response. My apologies for the delay.

I ran the link you sent through, but it still seems to be hogging my memory, but now it's plagued by another problem:

"System and Compressed Memory" which also seems to tick along at 350-500 MB of memory usage.

My SP3 is now barely lasting a couple of hours of minimal use, and never turns fan off...

Poor SP3...
System and Compressed Memory is actually doing exactly what it is designed to do, that space is being allocated and used by key system files that used to occupy double or triple that....