What's new

Never-ending myriad of bugs

OP
E

Ekhangel

Just spotted another ridiculous issue with wife's Surface: she suddenly lost the ability to MOVE ICONS AROUND THE F**** DESKTOP.

This is getting more and more ridiculous.

No, we don't have viruses circulating around our home network, and didn't install our systems from the same corrupted source.

OP
E

Ekhangel

Not quite - we both type a lot of stuff. But my machine compared to yours makes this simple activity very difficult at times.

OP
E

Ekhangel

Well, there was some update installed yesterday, and guess what - today I couldn't move my Calendar App around the desktop again, and then couldn't enter text into Edge's address bar, so... no.

I'm reinstalling Windows with a fresh image off the MS servers when I have some time to waste. Not that I believe it'll help, given that my wife - as stressed many times before - has similar issues with her unit (e.g. not being able to move icons around the desktop...).

If this doesn't help, I guess I'll just discard this POS, head to iStore, and turn my head away every time I see a Microsoft logo in the future.

OP
E

Ekhangel

Afy, just take a look at this video of mine; it shows the scale of the problem. These are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT units purchased from TWO DIFFERENT SOURCES (one from a Dutch MS online store, another from a local Polish store):

Given this, how am I supposed to believe that me, my wife and my mother are the only three unlucky ones in the world?

And no, I did not install any specific software on the two units that may impair its basic functionality in any way.

Afy

I really don't know what to say. I guess I just got lucky.
Maybe its time for you to try another product like the XPS 15 2 in 1.

macmee

I've owned the SP2, SP3, SP4 and SB2 as well as a ton of iMac and MacBooks. To Microsoft's credit the Surface has matured stability wise over the years, but my opinion (unpopular here I'm sure) is that if you want something more stable and reliable, then just buy a MacBook with MacOS.

I put up with problems with my Surfaces because I love the form factor of the devices and the direction Microsoft is finally going with it. Sure it's true that at times some of the problems I've seen with the Surface make me question if Microsoft even tests anything before they push it, but having full Windows 10 over iOS on a tablet for me is still worth it.