What's new

New Beta Intel HD 4000 Drivers for Windows 8.1

rstrube

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to get my fresh 8.1 RTM install in good shape on my surface pro. So far I've updated the Marvell drivers (for wireless adapter) and I recently discovered that Intel has just release brand new Beta HD 4000 drivers just for Windows 8.1.

You can go here to download the latest Beta drivers (just released 9-18-2013:

https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-21232

In addition there's a more general information related to Intel Windows 8.1 drivers located here:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/windows_8.1preview_feedback

I thought others that have taken the plunge with 8.1 would appreciate the information.

Good luck!

Rob

OP
R

rstrube

I spoke too soon.

I just tried to install this driver and got the following message:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Setup will exit".

Does anyone know how to get around this?

With Window 8 I was able to install the generic intel HD 4000 drivers. It seems that this is not the case with 8.1.

Thanks,

Rob

OP
R

rstrube

Works fine on Windows 8.1 Pro & Windows 8.1 Enterprise, thanks for the link!

Was there anything special that you needed to do? I'm running 8.1 RTM Professional and I can't get the new intel driver to install. Is there perhaps a windows settings that needs to be tweaked to allow the installation?

Thanks,

Rob

ipher

I spoke too soon.

I just tried to install this driver and got the following message:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Setup will exit".

Does anyone know how to get around this?

With Window 8 I was able to install the generic intel HD 4000 drivers. It seems that this is not the case with 8.1.

Thanks,

Rob

I ran into the same problem. After a lot of googleing i found this site from intel which tells you how to manually install the drivers, no checks. Works great now!

demandarin

I downloaded this file but its in a cab file format. I forgot how to install a cab file on windows. Haven't done so since I had windows mobile phone Touch pro aka Tilt and Tilt2. Or does someone have link to setup file for easy installation.

Ice never had any connection issues but this sounds like or could improve my pro wireless performance even better.

Hold up, this won't work on win 8 pro, only the 8.1 version? I have regular win 8 pro.

Last edited: