What's new

New covers - Brightness??!!

apoc_reg

Firstly let me say how vastly better touch cover 2 is for typing, so much more accurate and the touchpad/material is a big improvement too.

BUT (EDIT) now needs volume shortcut keys

Fn+:
Up: Page Up
Down: Page Down
Left: Home
Right: End
Space: PrtScrn (only way to do a focused app shot using a blade is is Fn+Alt+Space)
Del: Bright Up
Backspace: Bright Down
CapsLock: FnLock

Last edited:
OP
A

apoc_reg

Ah!! ha that is little odd, surely not as important as volume? Maybe MS will add a new shortcut for they eg fn+ -/+

oion

Ah!! ha that is little odd, surely not as important as volume? Maybe MS will add a new shortcut for they eg fn+ -/+

They probably won't because the volume rocker is inches away from the snapped on keyboard. However, I can see volume control as more of a priority if someone is using the Bluetooth adapter.

OP
A

apoc_reg

But with the gestures they have made a big thing of, if typing, being able to do a lot from the keyboard, lifting off to go to the volume o the screen is against that. Steve Biachi (or whatever his name is!!!) certainly said that in a gesture demo I saw on youtube

oion

I totally forgot about the trackpad gestures, will have to find a tutorial.

MS will hopefully release a utility that allows keyboard remapping and custom gestures. That would be awesome...

OP
A

apoc_reg

the ones on the track pad are awesome, sliding in at the sides works great as it centres the mouse on that area automatically.

The other gestures I'm still getting my head around but they are all two fingers I think

sillyrabbitt123

Firstly let me say how vastly better touch cover 2 is for typing, so much more accurate and the touchpad/material is a big improvement too.

BUT (EDIT) now needs volume shortcut keys

Fn+:

Space: PrtScrn (only way to do a focused app shot using a blade is is Fn+Alt+Space)

this is great! thanks! I also found the "snipping tool" is AWESOME better then print screen imho

oion

this is great! thanks! I also found the "snipping tool" is AWESOME better then print screen imho

Hmm, the keyboard-only Print Screen function appears to be Fn-Winkey-Space, not Alt. (Just tried it and checked online.)

That is way better than the haptic Winkey+vol down because I seem to miss the simultaneous press half the time. :p