What's new

New details emerge on Microsoft’s Surface Pro sequel

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
ms-surface-pro-white-table.jpg

Microsoft’s Surface Pro was a terrific tablet in many ways but it wasn’t a particularly successful one as far as sales go. That doesn’t mean Microsoft is throwing in the towel, of course, and now Neowin’s sources have given us some fresh details on what we can expect from the upcoming Surface Pro sequel. According to Neowin, the next-generation Surface Pro will run Intel’s Haswell-based Core i5 chips, will see its RAM double from 4GB to 8GB and will feature a redesigned kickstand that the website speculates “could be a more robust stand that is stronger or one that offers alternative viewing angles.”

Continue Reading @: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 specs leaked | BGR

Wow, that is nice; I wonder what the Haswell will mean for battery life. 8GB and stand angle are both great additions.

oion

I was just reminded of something.

In these rumors and "unofficial announcements," was there any information at all about better magnetic power connectors? Because I'd say that's the only real hardware design failure of the Surface (the kickstand is more a preference thing). I mean, dang. I have to really look at what I'm doing just to connect the stupid recharge cord...