What's new

new firmware installed today, battery report does not show mWh or capacity still

Knubblo

Hi,

Anyone else with same problem. Prior new firmware powercfg /batteryreport did not show any capacity figures or mWh. It only lists percentage drain at certain dates and cycles times. Currently 52.

Why is that? I would like the battery report to give me the battery report not just an almost empty html-page.

Suggestions?

Kind regards
Knubblo

jrapdx

Hi,

Anyone else with same problem. Prior new firmware powercfg /batteryreport did not show any capacity figures or mWh. It only lists percentage drain at certain dates and cycles times. Currently 52.

Why is that? I would like the battery report to give me the battery report not just an almost empty html-page.

Suggestions?

Kind regards
Knubblo

Using the command: powercfg /batteryreport, the html report was rather extensive with info about battery capacity, etc. Not sure if this is what you were missing:

battery-report.jpg

AFAICT the battery report seemed to work on this machine.

FFX

I have never been able to see capacity not on my Surface 1 or Surface 2. I'm starting to believe its only possible to see those stats with the en/us version. I don't think that it's an error, or any thing that Microsoft will be bothered with.

Korlon

Where are you running the battery report command from? the cmd window?
I tried running it but it says I don't have the proper admin access. How do I get around this?

hazymat

I have never been able to see capacity not on my Surface 1 or Surface 2. I'm starting to believe its only possible to see those stats with the en/us version. I don't think that it's an error, or any thing that Microsoft will be bothered with.

I have en/gb version, I've had a lot of battery problems, however in my case it didn't affect the battery report.

I can see capacity perfectly fine on my surface...

Rvacha

Where are you running the battery report command from? the cmd window?
I tried running it but it says I don't have the proper admin access. How do I get around this?
Yes, the Command window, but you must start it as an administrator (tap and hold or right-click the icon to see this option)

mikedg

Mine is abyssmal, wtf
I got about 3 hours this morning
Information about each currently installed battery

BATTERY 1

NAME X863568
MANUFACTURER SDI
CHEMISTRY LION
DESIGN CAPACITY 42,002 mWh

FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 25,685 mWh
CYCLE COUNT 29

bluegrass

Wow!. What a command & report. I found you need to be at a command prompt(go to the desktop & hold down the Windows button for awhile and then let up until you see a menu) or you can just type "command prompt" at the start menu if you have a keyboard attached & than type in the command mentioned. I don't understand, at least at first look, but the report was about 8 full screens in length. It had lots of information. Don't know if I would use any of it but it's there to decipher.

OP
K

Knubblo

Hi,

Yes I get the html report but no mWh figures are mentioned in the report. However there are preset columns where the headlines says mWh but no figures below. Only percentage is shown which is useless without the absolute number.

I've run the report several times with same result.

Please help.

Kind regards
Knubblo