What's new

New Firmware - July 8, 2014

Zamrod

Anyone else having an issue with InstantGo since the firmware patch? My alarms app now warns me that notifications will only be seen if the PC is on. I've tested alarms and they don't work while in sleep mode.

DHM21

Had my unit for 30 hours, for the firmware update and somewhere in the updates (believe it may have been the first June firmware update) it has disabled my touch/pen. No longer a tablet, but a laptop! crap!

TommyTuna

I still don't see the July FW update in windows update? Can anyone confirm if battery life has improved?

I see the driver pack has been updated. Just not sure how to manually install firmware from the driver pack. (Has a bunch of .cap files in addition to normal drivers).

JesseDiaz

I still don't see the July FW update in windows update? Can anyone confirm if battery life has improved?

I see the driver pack has been updated. Just not sure how to manually install firmware from the driver pack. (Has a bunch of .cap files in addition to normal drivers).

Yeah I downloaded the driver pack too...but I think Im just going to wait until it shows up on the update..

The graphics card driver that comes with the update is in a folder that is titled, im assuming, the driver version number. If that's the case, the number of the driver in the update is lower than the one I got from INTEL. Can anyone that installed the update confirm the driver number for the graphics card?

TommyTuna

How does one manually load firmware from driver pack??

Still not shown on win update and I need to load and decide if I will keep or return.

JesseDiaz

How does one manually load firmware from driver pack??

Still not shown on win update and I need to load and decide if I will keep or return.

Im no expert but I think you have to go through the device manager and go to each device you want to update the driver for...and then point to the location of the driver which would be the update packet you downloaded.
In that packet, there is a folder for each device