What's new

New Firmware Update 9/29

neurohax

No network after restarting for the update, but a second restart appears to have fixed it.

(Between restarts Device Manager showed what others were saying about not starting successfully. I assume it has something to do with reinitializing the hardware following the update.)

dleuen

Oh at this point I only wish it was that. So far I'm not even able to boot a USB to recover. I can get to the UEFI menu and change to boot USB first but even with that it will not boot the USB drive. This really sucks. Still working on it but things are pretty bleak at the moment.

Currently "Resetting this PC %10". I was able to boot from USB after re-doing the Windows Media generator. I just wish Microsoft would do a little better job testing Windows with their own hardware.

Red-Oak

I am showing 2 failed updates after 2 reboots and applying "77's" suggestion. Right now the wireless is fine...

ETA - 15.68.9030.41 shown as driver version

Last edited:

manone77

For me one time Failed in windows update history but it is istalled...show me new version in surface app/devicemanager...curious?

Last edited:

Johnny365

I uninstalled the network adapter (device manager), and then scan for hardware changes. After that, restart and wifi is working again (you will have to connect to your networks again).

Compusmurf

This update requires 2 reboots to fully finish. There are 2 actual FIRMWARE updates and looks like 2 drivers.

1st reboot does the first firmware and starts the driver install, 2nd did the 2nd firmware item and finished driver installs.