What's new

New Firmware Updates (Number, Date and what problems solved)

alexd88

I make this new thread for firmware updates to let us share new updates and the experience after updates, what problems are solved, what problems new problems appeared.
Today appeared a new system hardware updare 2/12/2015 - I don't know details righy now but i hope we will find what change on our surface pro 4.

Garyjk

Hi all, We will be releasing a new driver sometime later today 12/2/15.

For those that are seeing the following issue, this new driver will improve the situation.

Display appears to hang, and then you will get a message that the display adapter has reset. Usually happens in certain scrolling situations on web pages.

We are continuing to investigate the issues that you are all reporting. We are listening

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Working okay so far with new display driver:
11/20/2015 Version 20.19.15.4326

Surface Book i7 512

Screenshot (106).png

OP
A

alexd88

after this update when i watch a youtube movie or play candy crush (main problems with overheat and fan turning on at full throttle), the sp4 is not heating so much and the fan started late but for a little period, seems we go in the right direction. Still have ocassional problem when i want to start black screen and don t want to turn on, need special combination, and after 1 min starts. i hope this problem will be solved soon.

OP
A

alexd88

hy guys. after last update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) i have a new problem with my surface, when i am whatching a youtube viedo on chrome when i plug my headphones first works after i unplug it , youtube say that has an error and stop playing the video, after i do a refresh the headphones doesn t work on youtube at all on chrome it works on edge or movie/music player. And also my chrome is crashing and need to restart. I think i will go with a factory reset or a clean instalation, and after that apply all the updates. Seem the updates instead to improve the experience is let it to be worse

mikedyce

Working okay so far with new display driver:
11/20/2015 Version 20.19.15.4326

SP4 i5 8G 256 lot#1541

But in order to get the MS Maps App to display any roads in Roads View,
the MS community forum is advising to :

rollback the display adapter to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
-- RenatasLaužadis replied on 12/3/2015 (scroll down to LAST post)

View attachment 7527
Guess I struck lucky with my I5 8gb 256gb because it worked right straight out of the box. No intrusive fan, runs cool, a little bit of display problems with advert heavy websites, but not since adding adblock plus to Firefox. I never use sleep/hibernate, prefer just to switch off - since the Surface only takes about 10 secs to boot I'm never in such a hurry that a few extra seconds are neither here nor there.
Mike.

gtmead09

My i5 8 GB 256 GB seems to work well with minimal issues. Coming out of the box I had a few significant items, but the updates to date seem to have fixed them. I get some random crashes in Chrome and Outlook still, but its nothing earth shattering. Overall I am happy with this device. I went from a laptop and Nexus 9 to just a Surface. It's kind of nice......

Zkyevolved

Guess I struck lucky with my I5 8gb 256gb because it worked right straight out of the box. No intrusive fan, runs cool, a little bit of display problems with advert heavy websites, but not since adding adblock plus to Firefox. I never use sleep/hibernate, prefer just to switch off - since the Surface only takes about 10 secs to boot I'm never in such a hurry that a few extra seconds are neither here nor there.
Mike.

Me too, @mikedyce, with my Surface Book i7 16/512.

I imagine you are like 90% of the people. Most people probably don't have issues, but I imagine that there are MORE issues than a normal device launch right now...