What's new

New Graphics Driver Version From Intel 7/23/15

teodargent

Hi, I installed the driver from the Intel site, but windows update keeps reinstalling the Microsoft one. How can I stop that? (I'm on win 10).

Cyb3rDud3

Hi, I installed the driver from the Intel site, but windows update keeps reinstalling the Microsoft one. How can I stop that? (I'm on win 10).
I'm guessing here since I didn't have that problem. I guess you should let the Microsoft driver install and go through the motions then once that is working properly and you really do want the intel driver then upgrade to then intel driver

Not sure what the Intel driver is going to give you over the ms one.

teodargent

I'm guessing here since I didn't have that problem. I guess you should let the Microsoft driver install and go through the motions then once that is working properly and you really do want the intel driver then upgrade to then intel driver

Not sure what the Intel driver is going to give you over the ms one.

I just wanted to try it, I always used the Microsoft driver but I heard that the Intel one is faster. My problem is that I can't keep the Intel driver because windows update reinstalls the Microsoft one.

teodargent

Did you give it a go to 'upgrade' to the Microsoft driver via update, let it settle and then switch to the Intel one?
Yes I did. What I did was:
1. Check for updates with windows update (no updates were found)
2. Uninstall the video driver (date:26/6/2015).
3. Reboot into safe mode and clear the remaining files with display driver uninstaller
4. Reboot
5. Install the Intel driver via installer .exe (date:17/7/2015)
6. Reboot

At this point the driver is installed and I also have the Intel utility software. But after some time windows update will reinstall the previous driver (date:26/6/2015) and these is no way to stop it.

Daniel Weck

But after some time windows update will reinstall the previous driver (date:26/6/2015) and these is no way to stop it.

Yeah, same here.
Windows Update reverted back to:
17/07/2015

...and unfortunately this utility does nothing:
C:\Windows\System32\GfxUIEx.exe

...compared to the Intel control panel:
C:\Windows\System32\Gfxv4_0.exe

...which gets installed by:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...phics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit
24/07/2015

teodargent

Mine is working now. What I did was: I went into the video card properties then "driver" tab, "update driver", "search for driver in the computer", "manually choose driver from a list", and here I have the option to choose between the 17/7 and the 26/6 driver. Sorry for not being precise with the instructions but my os is in Italian, I'm doing my best to traslate.

Attachments

• driver.JPG
    driver.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 462