What's new

New HD 4000 Video Driver Officially Available at Intel (15.31.3.64.3071)

ltcbob11

I installed and immediately started having the display brightness problem. Every second it would dim/brighten. Only solution I found was to go back to original driver/Software.

Talldog

Does anyone know if you can install the control panel that comes with the Intel driver without installing the driver. My wife can't change the resolution on her SP to anything other than 1920x1080 without the screen shrinking. The only supposed fix I've been able to find online is to use the Intel graphics control panel to turn on scaling.

tonyz3

Does anyone know if you can install the control panel that comes with the Intel driver without installing the driver. My wife can't change the resolution on her SP to anything other than 1920x1080 without the screen shrinking. The only supposed fix I've been able to find online is to use the Intel graphics control panel to turn on scaling.
yes you can

bertopl

well, with all the reports here, why not try to install the new driver with the control panel then let windows update roll back the driver? kind of a roundabout way to solve it but most folks are reporting that the update rolls it back. the control panel should remain even after a driver downgrade. besides the CP I haven't noticed much difference between the older and new driver on my system anyways.

HD_Dude

Well, yes, but when I updated, it did not roll back the graphics driver.

We've heard different stories about that. But I updated the HD4000 prior to the 4-9 firmware upgrade - and my graphics driver and that cool GUI stayed intact.

Which brings up a bigger question: why are so many of us experiencing different results?

Talldog

the control panel should remain even after a driver downgrade.
I was thinking the same thing, so I tried installing the new driver on my own SP, then rolling it back. The CP was still there until I restarted, then it was gone. While I had it, I noticed that full screen scaling was already turned on, which makes sense because I've had no problem changing resolutions. My suspicion is that if I install the driver on my wife's, turn scaling on, then roll back the driver the scaling will stick. I think there's an obscure bug in the SP version of this driver, because I have seen other postings of people having this problem. I tried to find the SP version of the driver on Intel's website thinking the CP would be with it, but it doesn't appear to be there.