What's new

New here and freezing.

randalls1

Good morning,
Use PC's Laptops etc all my life, read reviews about surface so dipped in by purchasing Surface 2, just for pleasure.

Screen froze a few times so did usb reset with downloaded image from microsoft site. Booted up, tried to update, guess what, screen froze during search for updates. This now happens every time.

I thing if I could get an updated downloadable ISO image of an updated Surface 2 i might make the freeze go away. I could be totally wrong and it is a hardware thing but the screen is ok during resetting which makes me think software.

I'm sure you all know about this, could someone put me out of my misery and point me toward a solution if there is one.

Love the touch, feel and promise of the tablet, would like to see if I can solve this. Any help appreciated.

Steve Randall
Leicestershire
UK

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Run the Firmware Updates that are available through Windows Update. If the screen still freezes it may have a defective digitizer.....

OP
R

randalls1

Thanks jnjroach.
Machine doesn't find any updates and freezes after a couple of minutes so don't think I would be able to run them anyway. Don't want to give up until I've tried everything. I can reset from usb but the image would need to be of an updated system, which is not the one on microsoft site. Will try to find someone with a working surface 2 to make recovery drive from.

If I do I'll post an ftp link for any others in the same position.

kundas1

sorry your having so much trouble with your S2, don't give up on it as it is a great device, I still have mine even tho I have a SP3 because its such a great device! btw did you buy it brand new or used? maybe that's why the seller sold it?

OP
R

randalls1

sorry your having so much trouble with your S2, don't give up on it as it is a great device, I still have mine even tho I have a SP3 because its such a great device! btw did you buy it brand new or used? maybe that's why the seller sold it?
Bought second hand, so you could be right. Looks a great device, sure it's a software problem. Will keep trying.