What's new

new intel driver

plop28

i have a new driver today through windows update.

3977 installed

upload_2014-10-21_17-4-15.png

bluegrass

He may have an i7 like I do and it's a different video processor. I just got my new Intel driver and installed it without any hitches. It kept the control panel that I had from Intel.

wditters

Through windows update ? Weird, I have checked with mine and there is no update for intel... I'm still with the first version of the drivers (march)

Interesting. I also received 3977 yesterday. That seems even newer than either Intel or Station-Drivers have on their websites ... They are still at 3960. It might be that only those who already went from an MS specific driver to the Intel Retail driver will get this update. Not sure though.

Demonaire

Through windows update ? Weird, I have checked with mine and there is no update for intel... I'm still with the first version of the drivers (march)
I believe you will need to install the 3960 first (by uninstalling the March HD5000 driver from device managerm reboot, then install the new HD5000 driver downloaded from Intel, reboot).

Then you should be able to see an Optional update called Intel WDDM something, which is around 80 MB in the Windows update. Do that update ONLY, then reboot, you will see the 3977 driver.

I personally did those and can confirm it works. Hope this helps.