What's new

New Intel drivers available

stammie

Merry Christmas everyone, I don't claim credit for this discovery I just saw it on Reddit but for anyone who hasn't seen it there's some new Intel drivers out today for Skylake CPU's

Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen]

"
SUMMARY:

This driver provides fixes for 6th Generation Intel Core and related processors in the following areas: display flicker issues, fixes for various hangs and graphics corruption, and stability fixes for Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540.

This driver is for 6th Generation Intel® Core processors, Intel Core™ M, and related Pentium® processors with Intel® HD Graphics 510, 515, 520, 530, Intel® Iris Graphics 540 and Intel® Iris Graphics 550.

4th and 5th Generation Intel Core and related processors are not supported with this driver but will be supported in future drivers.
"

I've only had this driver installed for 10 minutes so its too early to comment on its stability but I'm keeping my fingers crossed things are working well.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So far these have done well with Connected Standby and Hibernation. Some artifacting on Facebook Video though...

Mikewired

I tried to install and they I got a message that said it couldn't install due to vender specific drivers? Can't remember exactly but something like that.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I tried to install and they I got a message that said it couldn't install due to vender specific drivers? Can't remember exactly but something like that.
Download the zipped version, extract to a folder and manually update them via Device Manager.

EMINENT

Lol. After a reboot, two minutes after installing and browsing Tweetium I got a display driver crash.

EMINENT

And, from the previous post time to this one, machine just froze. Had to press power to invoke hibernate to get it to resume to a working state again.