What's new

New Intel drivers available

jbowden

Thanks for the tip. I can confirm Edge on my SP4 plays youtube videos.... after making the setting change and reboot.

OP
S

stammie

How are you guys getting on with Edge now?
I stopped using it a few weeks ago when I realised it was causing most (if not all) of my SP4 bugs and faults, have drivers and firmware fixed it yet?

EMINENT

How are you guys getting on with Edge now?
I stopped using it a few weeks ago when I realised it was causing most (if not all) of my SP4 bugs and faults, have drivers and firmware fixed it yet?

Edge is fine now. I think it's superior in tablet mode because the virtual keyboard comes up automatically, so I prefer it as I use mine as a tablet 80% of the time. Hopefully, a coming preview includes extensions so I can ditch FF for good. Or, if FF gets their app together with extensions.. Either way, don't care what I use as long it's touch tailored with extensions.

Mike007

Edge is fine now. I think it's superior in tablet mode because the virtual keyboard comes up automatically

You can do this with almost any desktop app if you enable the settings as in this screenshot: Capture.PNG

EMINENT

You can do this with almost any desktop app if you enable the settings as in this screenshot: View attachment 7687

I am aware of the setting since they introduced the button, but it hasn't ever automatically invoked the touch keyboard in FF. Just tried it now and nothing comes up when I click on the address bar or input box.

Does it work for you?